My dream suit
Are you sewing along with us and making your dream vintage suit? The Facebook group Amy and I started has been exciting, some of us have finished already, some of us have had challenges that have got in the way of getting it all done on time. The revised deadline was end of July, and we planned to share our completed suits in August.
It’s the 3rd of August and this is where I’m at!
If you are sewing along, and not quite there, don’t feel bad, I have some hand finishing to do which I’m fitting in when I get space during the day and I suddenly realised I don’t have buttons sorted !
Argh! I’m really happy with the bound button holes and when I looked at the buttons in my stash and considered self fabric buttons, I know I want black buttons, and I’ll be raiding my mums button stash this weekend…
First sleeve on
I love the cut, however, when I inserted the lining, I’m finding it’s not sitting so well….mostly in the sleeves, so I’ll be playing around with that this week to see what I can do. Sigh.
Shaping the sleeve head
The skirt from the inside
Making bias canvas tape
I am using some bias tape I have made from canvas interfacing for the hem of the skirt and the base of the jacket, I’m hoping this will give the shape I’m after for the skirt. So far, I think it’s going to work well.
This week, I have some photos of finished suits to share, so keep sewing, don’t give up! Watch this space, and happy sewing xo